Messiah Lutheran Church has a robust annual calendar for young people consisting of faith enrichment and education opportunities as well as fellowship and community service. Below you will find information for children of all ages, from the toddler stages thru the teenage years. Scroll down based on the age of your child to find events for older kids.
Our 2018-2019 School Year Kicked Off Sunday August 12, 2018 at 9:45AM. We meet each Sunday and hope you will join us!
Children of all ages are invited to attend Sunday morning services and participate in weekly Sunday School during the regular school year at the grade school, middle school and high school levels. Sunday School begins at 9:45am, and classes are held at the following locations based on age:
- Toddlers & 2s -- Christian Life Center Nursery
- Preschool/Kindergarten – Christian Life Center Classroom #3
- 1st – 4th Grade – Christian Life Center Main Room
- 5th – 8th Grade – Christian Life Center Conference Room
- High School – Ministry Center Youth Room
- College & Young Adults - Ministry Center Room 204
This program is for little ones and a parent/guardian/sitter. Activities are designed to be readily accessible to two-year olds. We routinely have children from newborn to 4, depending on the group dynamics.
Class meets on Mondays from 9-10:30am during the school year. New Classes start January 28, 2019.
Please contact us with any questions, for more information, or to register. You can also register online.
Typical Playgroup Schedule
• 9-9:35am Free Play
• 9:35-9:40am Clean Up
• 9:40-9:55am Snack & Story
• 9:55-10:10am Craft
• 10:10-10:20am Large Group Activity
• 10:20-10:30am Circle Time Songs & Finger Plays
Messiah Lutheran Church youth & parents offer a "kid sit" or "parents’ night out" once a quarter. These nights are conducted partially as a youth fundraiser. Children must be potty trained and between 3 and 11 years of age to attend.
2019 Dates are: January 19, 2019, April 13, 2019, and June 1, 2019.
We encourage a specific donation as well as registration ahead of time (for food planning purposes) but we will not turn anyone away who joins us last minute the night of (discounts available for pre-registering, by Wednesday before Saturday event.
- 5:00-6:30pm Arrival, Playground & Bike Riding Time
- If you own a bike/trike and helmet, we have a great open parking lot space for some riding. If you prefer to leave the bike at home there will be plenty else to do. (If weather is inclement, skip the bikes but know we will use the gym for activities).
- 6:30-7pm Dinner
- Menu is kid friendly like pizza, chicken nuggets and mac n cheese, or spaghetti.
- If you would like to provide your own food because of allergies or dietary restrictions, please feel free.
- 7-8pm Free Play & Organized Games
- 8-8:30pm Craft & Game Time
- 8:30-10pm Movie & Popcorn (packing blankets & PJs is a good idea)
- 10pm Everyone Goes Home (you may pick your child up earlier, but this is the latest any child may stay).
Suggested donation of $40 for the evening per child (or $8/hour if not staying the whole time) or 2 children for $60. Discounted rates for pre-registering (pre-registration ends Wednesday before Saturday event) to attend ahead of time are $30 for one child or $35 for 2, $5 for each additional child).
- Toddlers & 2s -- Christian Life Center Nursery
As early as 5th grade, students can begin their Confirmation studies, consisting of a 2-year series of weekly meetings, retreats and events, culminating in a Confirmation of Faith service in May of their second year. Confirmation students receive Martin Luther’s Catechism, which helps them understand the Lord’s Prayer and the Apostle’s Creed. As primary faith-formers, parents are encouraged to participate in the majority of activities during the Confirmation program. The Confirmation class meets each Wednesday during the school year from 6:45-8pm in the Ministry Center.
Join us for free time, sports, games, fellowship, and devotion. We break into age groups as our numbers allow. Every Sunday afternoon, 4-6PM!
Middle School & Post Confirmation Youth Group
Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 6:45-8pm, in the youth room. Save the DATE! This group will be starting Wednesday, September 5th and is open to 7th & 8th graders and those who are through the Confirmation program. Watch for more information next month.
High School Youth Dinners
Those in grades 9-12 are welcome to join us every 2nd Sunday of the month for dinner and fellowship at 6:30pm in the Youth Room, located on the 2nd floor of the Ministry Center. Cuisine and theme change month to month. Every 4th Sunday of the month we meet at a different restaurant around Tampa for food and fellowship. Bring $5 to contribute to the bill.
Our goal is to offer a night out every first and third Sunday of the month at a different location as well as trying to offer one other opportunity during the month for service, fellowship, and/or recreation/fun. Please contact Abby Moss for more information or to get involved. Questions or RSVPs can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Type the content for this list item here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this list item. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section.