Messiah Lutheran Church has a robust annual calendar for young people consisting of faith enrichment and education opportunities as well as fellowship and community service. Below you will find information for children of all ages, from the toddler stages thru the teenage years. Scroll down based on the age of your child to find events for older kids.
Children of all ages are invited to attend Sunday morning services and participate in weekly Sunday School during the regular school year at the grade school, middle school and high school levels. Sunday School begins at 9:45am, and classes are held at the following locations based on age:
- Toddlers & 2s -- Christian Life Center Nursery
- Preschool/Kindergarten – Christian Life Center Classroom #3
- 1st – 4th Grade – Ministry Center Gym
- 5th – 8th Grade – Ministry Center Room 204
- High School – Ministry Center Youth Room
This program is for little ones and a parent/guardian/sitter. Activities are designed to be readily accessible to two-year olds. We routinely have children from newborn to 4, depending on the group dynamics.
Class meets on Mondays from 9-10:30am during the school year.
Please contact us with any questions, for more information, or to register. You can also register online.
Typical Playgroup Schedule
• 9-9:35am Free Play
• 9:35-9:40am Clean Up
• 9:40-9:55am Snack & Story
• 9:55-10:10am Craft
• 10:10-10:20am Large Group Activity
• 10:20-10:30am Circle Time Songs & Finger Plays
Messiah Lutheran Church youth & parents offer a "kid sit" or "parents’ night out" once a quarter. These nights are conducted partially as a youth fundraiser. Children must be potty trained and between 3 and 11 years of age to attend.
We encourage a specific donation as well as registration ahead of time (for food planning purposes) but we will not turn anyone away who joins us last minute the night of (discounts available for pre-registering).
- 5:00-6:30pm Arrival, Playground & Bike Riding Time
- If you own a bike/trike and helmet, we have a great open parking lot space for some riding. If you prefer to leave the bike at home there will be plenty else to do. (If weather is inclement, skip the bikes but know we will use the gym for activities).
- 6:30-7pm Dinner
- Menu will be pizza, fruit, and carrots
- If you would like to provide your own food because of allergies or dietary restrictions, please feel free.
- 7-8pm Free Play & Organized Games
- 8-8:30pm Craft & Game Time
- 8:30-10pm Movie & Popcorn (packing blankets & PJs is a good idea)
- 10pm Everyone Goes Home (you may pick your child up earlier, but this is the latest any child may stay).
Suggested donation of $40 for the evening per child (or $8/hour if not staying the whole time) or 2 children for $60. (Discounted rates for pre-registering to attend ahead of time are $30 for one child or $35 for 2, $5 for each additional child).
- Toddlers & 2s -- Christian Life Center Nursery
As early as 5th grade, students can begin their Confirmation studies, consisting of a 2-year series of weekly meetings, retreats and events, culminating in a Confirmation of Faith service in May of their second year. Confirmation students receive Martin Luther’s Catechism, which helps them understand the Lord’s Prayer and the Apostle’s Creed. As primary faith-formers, parents are encouraged to participate in the majority of activities during the Confirmation program. The Confirmation class meets each Wednesday during the school year from 6:45-8pm in the Ministry Center.
Join us for free time, sports, games, fellowship, and devotion. We break into age groups as our numbers allow.
Middle School & Post Confirmation Youth Group
Coming Soon! Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 6:45-8pm, in the youth room. Save the DATE! This group will be starting Wednesday, September 6th and is open to 7th & 8th graders and those who are through the Confirmation program. Watch for more information next month.
High School Youth Dinners
Those in grades 9-12 are welcome to join us every 2nd Sunday of the month for dinner and fellowship at 6:30pm in the Youth Room, located on the 2nd floor of the Ministry Center. Cuisine and theme change month to month. Every 4th Sunday of the month we meet at a different restaurant around Tampa for food and fellowship. Bring $5 to contribute to the bill.
Help Us Celebrate the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation this month!
Dinner, drinks, and discussion! Join us for German fair at Mr. Dunderbaks at 14929 Bruce B Downs Blvd Tampa, Florida, Sunday, October 15th starting at 6:30PM. Please bring $5 cash to contribute to the dinner bill (plus funds for any drinks on you). Join us for a time of fellowship and friendly discussion as we tackle current events and issues from the day from a theological perspective. Friends welcome. RSVPs in advance, STONGLY encouraged so we have enough seats for everyone (there are no reservations at this restaurant in October due to Octoberfest).
Our goal is to offer a night out every first and third Sunday of the month at a different location as well as trying to offer one other opportunity during the month for service, fellowship, and/or recreation/fun. Please contact Abby Moss for more information or to get involved. Questions or RSVPs can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.